Phone scammers are extremely crafty, and many of them go through rigorous training programs that enable them to be more successful. They know how to say just the right things to make their victims lower their guard and give up important information and money. So, in this episode, I’ll share some of the most common scams you may run into, as well as some key ways that you can protect yourself and others from being scammed.
Seeing familiar numbers or getting a call from a government agency are things that may get you to pick up your phone, but think twice before you do. These scammers use tricks like impersonation and “spoofing” to get you to pick up the phone and take them seriously. Don’t miss this important episode, and be sure to share it with those you love so they don’t become phone scam victims in the future.
Listen To The Episode Here:
What You’ll Learn:
- Why phone scams are so effective.
- The 3 most common phone scams.
- How you can protect yourself and your loved ones from phone scams.
- What “spoofing” is and how to look out for it.
- The most common demographics that get targeted for scams.
- Why urgency is always a reason to slow down and think twice.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “Professional scammers go through extensive training and are provided scripts that are known to be effective.” - Regina McCann Hess
- “Caller ID spoofing makes calls look local or like it’s coming from a government agency or someone in your own neighborhood.” - Regina McCann Hess
- “Google the company calling you and then call them to confirm their legitimacy.” - Regina McCann Hess
Share The Love:
If you like the Women & Wealth podcast …