What are bonds? Should you have them? Many people don’t understand bonds or how they can be used as an investment and financial planning tool. So, in this episode, I will be sharing the most important things you need to know about bonds.
Listen in to learn what backs bonds, as well as how to decipher their risk level. I will also give you some tips on how to educate yourself and even how to start investing in bonds if it fits with your financial goals. You'll gain a better understanding of how bonds work and how they might fit into your financial plan.
Listen To The Episode Here:
What You’ll Learn:
- What a bond is and its different purposes.
- Who can issue bonds and what they are backed by.
- What a bond coupon is.
- How to understand the potential and risk level of a bond.
- How to add bonds to your portfolio.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “The most common roles of bonds are to help dampen volatility from equities, potentially providing income, preserving capital, or hedging inflation.” - Regina McCann Hess
- “All investments have risks, even bonds.” - Regina McCann Hess
- “Educate yourself on bonds before you go to purchase them or add them to your portfolio.” - Regina McCann Hess
Share The Love:
If you like the Women & Wealth podcast …
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Amazon, Spotify, Stitcher, or by RSS!