In smaller communities, you may not know everyone personally, but you probably see people often enough to become familiar with their faces. Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to get to know your neighbors a little bit better? Our guest today is Misty Laboy, a local magazine publisher who is incredibly passionate about her craft. In this episode, she will be sharing how she got started in the industry and how her work is helping to build a stronger community connection.
Listen in as Misty shares the importance she places on being able to set her own schedule so she can be home with her children, as well as how she has found her footing as a small business owner. You will learn how she overcame the challenges she faced as a professional woman, how she handles confrontation in her work, and what she sees for her retirement.
Listen To The Episode Here:
What You’ll Learn:
- How Misty got started in the magazine publishing industry.
- The value of connecting with new people in your community.
- The benefit of being able to set your own schedule.
- What pushed Misty to start her own business.
- The challenges she faced as a young professional woman.
- How she is finding her feet in a male-dominated industry.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“People didn’t take me seriously as a woman.” - Misty Laboy
“I absolutely love meeting and supporting local female business owners, and unfortunately, there is still just not enough.” - Misty Laboy
“We all have different priorities, and we have to prioritize what’s important to us.” - Misty Laboy
Misty Laboy: Website | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram
- Learn more about our services
Share The Love:
If you like the Women & Wealth podcast …
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Amazon, Spotify, Stitcher, or by RSS!