The age 59.5 is a key turning point when it comes to life changes, specifically your retirement finances. Today we’re going to explore your retirement choices, healthcare concerns, and how to move vibrantly into those golden years. Knowing where you are financially, how to prepare for upcoming changes, and how to catch up, if necessary, is all extremely important around this time, so don't miss this episode!
You will also hear about the role of history on your financial outlook during retirement, as this is an important lens to be aware of as you make your decisions for retirement and beyond. Listen in to learn the specific areas where you want to have a solid understanding, tips on how to boost your savings for retirement, and what you should be thinking about when it comes time to start receiving benefits.
Listen To The Episode Here:
What You’ll Learn:
- Age-related changes that happen with your retirement accounts.
- When Social Security benefits kick in and how 59.5 is relevant to that.
- Where Medicare eligibility fits in and what you need to know before you are eligible.
- How history has shaped your decisions on retirement and what you can do to prepare properly.
- The catch-up clause and how it works to get you ready for retirement.
- How to boost your retirement savings.
- Changes in Social Security and how to pick a strategy for receiving benefits.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“That age, 59.5, marks a turning point in your life on a number of fronts.” - Regina McCann Hess
“A better approach would be to shift your savings to the beginning of the pay cycle rather than the end, when little extra money remains.” - Regina McCann Hess
“It’s possible that choosing a relatively uncomplicated strategy for your health will be easy to stick to and maintain.” -Regina McCann Hess
Share The Love:
If you like the Women & Wealth podcast …