During this 90 minute webinar, we will discuss the following:
• The financial partnership of marriage ~ when you say “I do”, what else are you agreeing to?
• Equitable and Equal are not the same word! Equitable is not always equal, and not necessarily fair either.
• Future housing will be on the line. What are your options regarding the marital home?
• Your credit score is a number, it’s not “good, ok, not that great or bad”! What steps you can take today to improve your credit score?
• Retirement accounts ~ if the 401(k) only has your name on it, does that make it yours? What about restricted stock, stock options, etc.?
• What about your other “treasures” ~ businesses, real estate, cars, jewelry, collectibles?
• Support seems like a great/burdensome concept ~ child & spousal
• Identify how current & future insurance (health & life) will be handled
• Sharing your “marital” debts ~ credit cards/loans
• Who determines how assets will be divided? When does $1 doesn’t equal $1?
• Do you have to share an inheritance? What if you win the lottery while you’re married? Separated?
• When can you collect Social Security benefits? Can you spouse claim your social security benefits?
• How are education costs covered by divorced parents?
• Who pays for the kids’ activities?
• Why is creating a budget so important? Do you create a current budget or one for future expenses?
• How do you gather your financial information? What is you don’t have access to the accounts?
Divorce GPS is not affiliated with or endorsed by LPL Financial, Forge Wealth Management, and Private
This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax or legal advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific situation with a qualified tax or legal advisor.
Forge Wealth Management, Private Advisor Group, and LPL Financial do not provide tax or legal advice or
Date and Time
February 22, 2022
9:30a - 11:00a EST