During this 90 minute webinar, we will discuss the following:
- The financial partnership of marriage ~ when you say “I do”, what else are you agreeing to?
- Equitable and Equal are not the same word! Equitable is not always equal, and not necessarily fair either.
- Future housing will be on the line. What are your options regarding the marital home?
- Your credit score is a number, it’s not “good, ok, not that great or bad”! What steps you can take today to improve your credit score?
- Retirement accounts ~ if the 401(k) only has your name on it, does that make it yours? What about restricted stock, stock options, etc.?
- What about your other “treasures” ~ businesses, real estate, cars, jewelry, collectibles?
- Support seems like a great/burdensome concept ~ child & spousal
- Identify how current & future insurance (health & life) will be handled
- Sharing your “marital” debts ~ credit cards/loans
- Who determines how assets will be divided? When does $1 doesn’t equal $1?
- Do you have to share an inheritance? What if you win the lottery while you’re married? Separated?
- When can you collect Social Security benefits? Can you spouse claim your social security benefits?
- How are education costs covered by divorced parents?
- Who pays for the kids’ activities?
- Why is creating a budget so important? Do you create a current budget or one for future expenses?
- How do you gather your financial information? What is you don’t have access to the accounts?
Date and Time
Sat, Sep 24, 2022
10:00a - 11:30a EST