A lot of analysts have been talking about a potential recession for at least a year now, and are still talking about one coming in 2024. In this episode, I’ll be sharing a few important things to know about recessions, what to watch out for, how to prepare, and more. What goes up must come down, but are you ready to ride out the cycle?
Listen in to learn about what it means to be in a recession, as well as how to tell what is recession-related and what is not. I’ll share what you need to know about external and internal shocks, the importance of looking at the economic cycle as a whole, and what you can do to protect yourself during a recession.
Listen To The Episode Here:
What You’ll Learn:
- What a recession is and what it could mean for you.
- The economy’s connection to the stock market.
- How external and internal shocks relate to a recession.
- The importance of understanding the basics of an economic cycle.
- What tends to be most impacted by a recession.
- How stocks tend to perform during a recession.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
- “A recession is not the same as a down market. The stock market is based on the expectations for the economy in 6-12 months.” - Regina McCann Hess
- “What goes up must come down. Recessions and expansions are a normal part of the economic cycle.” - Regina McCann Hess
- “Stocks can still grow when the economy contracts.” - Regina McCann Hess
Share The Love:
If you like the Women & Wealth podcast …