Money matters and blending finances can seem quite daunting for many couples. Often, people will forget or put this off, but it’s super important to get good information and start planning your finances as soon as possible. In this episode, I will be sharing eight essential steps that will help you merge your finances and prepare for your future with your new spouse.
The big step into marriage can be much smoother if you discuss finances and set goals with your spouse or future spouse, so listen in to learn about the key things you will want to discuss, paperwork you will want to dig up, and specific areas where you will need to tread carefully. I also emphasize the importance of goals when planning for future children, home buying, retirement, and more.
Listen To The Episode Here:
What You’ll Learn:
- Where to start when you want to start merging finances.
- What a financial advisor will want to see in order to help you.
- The importance of financial goals and how to talk about it.
- Events that make planning and goals even more important.
- Why knowing your spouse’s spending habits is helpful.
- How to manage expectations and cut out conflict.
- Key things you need to update.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“A lot of people coming into marriage, especially young people, will have plenty of student loan debt that they’re going to need to talk about.” - Regina McCann Hess
“Think of your goals in light of your risk tolerance and the timeframe you have to achieve them.” - Regina McCann Hess
“Planning for long-term goals is critical to financial harmony.” - Regina McCann Hess
Share The Love:
If you like the Women & Wealth podcast …
Never miss an episode by subscribing via Apple Podcasts, Amazon, Spotify, Stitcher, or by RSS!